Tuesday 2 January 2007

Tory Hopeful's New Year Resolution: A Carbon Diet to Lose a Tonne of Weight




Harriett Baldwin, Conservative Party Parliamentary Candidate for West Worcestershire is going on a carbon diet in 2007 to “Lose a Tonne” of weight. “I always go on a diet in January to lose weight, and this year is no exception, although in 2007 I’m also putting myself on a carbon diet to Lose a Tonne of Carbon.”

The Conservatives Quality of Life Policy Group have issued a carbon challenge to MPs, PPCs and councillors to see what challenges they face as they make changes in their lives to improve their personal “carbon footprint”.

Harriett Baldwin said, “In the past, I’ve used offsetting by planting trees to combat my impact on the planet. In 2007, my resolution is to try to reduce my carbon emissions as much as I can before offsetting the last few kilos.

The biggest impact I make is from all the travelling I do, so this is the first area I’m going to tackle and I’ll be telecommuting quite a bit from the comfort of my home in Worcestershire using broadband.”